Have you been writing lately?
If not, that’s okay.
The last couple of months, I haven’t written much either. I’ve been doing a LOT of reading, if you noticed my blog posts on being a better reader.
But now, the seasons are about to change and the weather will hopefully get cooler. Heat index in September? Why?
Sorry, I digressed. Now that the weather’s changing, we’re gonna stay inside more, am I right? Curled up on the couch on crisp fall nights. I can’t wait.
On the other hand, I want to end the year with a bang. I want to charge ahead towards 2017, look it right in the eye, and say “yeah, I got this.”
Also, my procrastination senses are tingling, and they’re telling me to write like there’s no tomorrow.
So, even though I’m still gonna curl up and read a book, I have one job: help you get into the habit of writing daily. Not just get into it like “oh, this is a thing I gotta do,” but you’ll be falling in love with writing in the next three months. (Fingers crossed!)[Tweet “Fall in love with writing this season. Learn more about it here.”]
Why I am working on a series for the next three months:
I figured this is the perfect time to have a writing series, since kids are going back to school. There’s a little bit more time in the day to work on creating a writing habit. Your focus is now on you and your goals. Here are more reasons I’m bringing this goodness to you:
- To give you motivation to write. These will be more than blog posts that I put up with pretty pictures. Nope, I’m going to give you weekly tasks so you can be a boss at writing. They will range from questions to prompts to checklists. Boom.
- To help you stay on track. If you follow me on Twitter or Pinterest, I usually put up awesome links to keep you in the writing realm. I also put out motivational quotes so you feel invincible. And if you have any questions or concerns, I’m right there to answer them.
- Well, duh, it is a writing website. If you thought I took a break from giving writing advice on purpose, well, yeah I did. Summer means people are chillin’ on the beach or hanging with friends, so it makes sense to talk to you about reading. Now it’s time to hunker under our pajamas and write like crazy.
What in the world will I blog about then?
There are quite a few ways to get started with writing, but here’s a small dose of what I’m bringing to the table:
- Types of writing (blogging, short story, and novel writing), writing prompts, and free writing to clear your mind so you’ll write epic stuff.
- Ways to make your writing area comfortable, such as DIY, things to buy, etc. (I have tips in the first day of my 7-day challenge. You can access them when you sign up for my newsletter!)
- What to do when you feel like stopping (answer: don’t), the reason it takes 21 days to create a habit, and breaking up with your favorite television shows. For a while.
All of this comes with free PDFs so you can tackle knocking out 500 words a day!
Does that sound like something you’d go for? Awesome sauce!
Next week, I’ll explain why writing is good for your health. Also, feel free to ask me any questions you have on writing by commenting below. And if you want your friends in on this too, share this post so they can get their writing habits on!
Until next time, cheers!
You Want Free (Writing) Stuff? I got you!
Drop your name and email info. Get an awesome guide to create a writing space. Do a happy dance.